Car Problems in Lloydminster- Get Repairs for Transmission Problems That You Shouldn’t Avoid!
Albertan’s need and love their vehicles. When something goes wrong with our vehicles it’s stressful, especially if you don’t know what to look for in the first place.
At All Out Auto Repair, we understand that not having access to your vehicle is stressful. Our journeyman mechanics and technicians do everything but tires for general, light truck, and domestic diesel repairs - including transmissions. We’ve built a reputation in the Lloydminster community for accountable, trustworthy vehicle maintenance service.
Proper vehicle maintenance is the best way to prevent transmission issues. Realistically however, if you own your vehicle or have an older vehicle eventually you can expect some type of transmission trouble to develop. To protect you, our neighbors, it is important to know what the most common types of transmission problems are so that you can easily diagnose them and get them fixed. Here’s a few common transmission problems you should look for:
- The check engine light located on your car’s dashboard is the first indication that something has gone wrong, or is about to. Take the vehicle in and have it inspected.
- Transmission noises can be hard to identify, but they usually sound like whining, humming, buzzing or clunking - diagnose and repaired it as soon as possible.
- Grinding, shaking, or jerking are all indications of transmission trouble. As the problem gets worse, the transitions into the next gear become more jarring and involve more shaking.
- Transmission noise in neutral suggests low or dirty transmission fluid, the simple solution is adding some fluid or changing it. If that doesn’t work, the transmission may require professional attention to replace worn out parts, most commonly the bearings, worn gear teeth, or the reverse idler gear.
- Transmission fluid leaks are probably the most recognizable symptom and should be repaired as soon as possible. Transmission fluid is bright red, clear, and smells a bit sweet – if you see darker red or brown coloured spots under your car this may mean your transmission fluid is not only leaking, but also needs to be changed.
- Overheating transmission fluid has a burning smell. As transmission fluid breaks down, the system runs too hot resulting in increased friction and corrosive activity as well as the buildup of additional sludge and debris. If this is not taken care of the transmission will eventually damage itself enough to break down completely.
- Hesitation suggests the clutch that needs to be replaced but it’s also a sign of transmission trouble.
- Slipping out of gear is a serious safety issue because you won’t be able to respond in emergencies. Your transmission should stay in one gear until you shift (with a manual transmission) or the computer does it for you (with an automatic transmission). The cause can be the link that holds the gears is worn or broken. Get your car inspected and repaired as soon as possible.
It is important to keep up a regular maintenance schedule for your car. If your vehicle is having issues, call Lloydminster’s renowned garage - All Out Auto Repair’s team of professionals at 780-875-7022 today and ask about our $66 auto safety inspection.